Faculty Name : R. Vasanthi
Qualification : MLIS
Designation : Librarian
“A good Library is a place where the lofty spirits of all nations and generations meet”.
A well equipped and well managed library is the foundation of modern educational structure. Education benefit and library service is like a body and soul.
- Library is the information regarding manuscripts, books, Pamphlets, illustration, prints, and maps.
- Library is a list of documents in a collection forming a portion of it.
“ONE BEST BOOK IS EQUAL TO
HUNDRED GOOD FRIENDS
BUT ONE GOOD FRIEND
IS EQUAL TO A LIBRARY”
– Dr.APJ Abdul kalam
Rules and Regulations:
The library rules and regulations are introduced to regularize the use of the library resources and will be reviewed periodically to meet the changing needs
Library will be kept open for use on all working days from 8.30 A.M. to 5.30 P.M.
- Students/staff should scan their ID card in the E Gate Register scanner while entering and leaving the library.
- The library users should possess their ID card while they are inside the library.
- Books will be issued only on production of Bar-coded ID card.
- Strict silence should be maintained in the library.
- Personal belongings like files, folders, bags, jerkins, umbrella, issued books etc are not allowed inside the library. They should be kept on the rack provided at the entrance of the library.
- For the benefit of its users, library is following the Open Access System. The books, current journals, back volumes taken out the racks shall not be replaced. They should be left only on the tables. Well trained Library assistants are there to replace them in the proper places.
- Student will not be permitted inside the library during the class hours.
- The library will be closed on Sundays, All Government Holidays and during the summer vacation.
- The librarian reserves the right to cancel the membership of any member found misbehaving, abusing the library staff or behaving in an indecent manner.
“In the library, one often finds people close their mouths and
open their minds”
Books Issues and Returns
- The books taken from the library are to be returned within 14 days or before the due date specified on the due date slip pasted in the front page of the books.
- While taking the books students should write their Roll No. on the due date slip pasted in the book.
- If a book is not returned on the due date another book will not be issued.
- If a user fails to return the books on the due date the member is liable to be fined Rs. 2 per day.
- If a book is lost, the user should be informed to the librarian and the same should be traced and replaced within 30 days from the due date.
- If the borrower is not able to replace the lost book within 30 days, they have to pay the cost of the book in two times. If a book is replaced the current edition of new book only be accepted.
- Students, who leave the college for any reason in the middle of the year, should return the books before they leave the college, for obtaining No Due Certificate from the librarian.
- Reference books, CD’s, DVD’s, Project Reports, Back Volumes and Periodicals will not be issued for home reading. They are to be referred inside the library only.
- Users are allowed to take the photocopies of the required articles. Photocopying of full book is not permitted.
“The Infinite Library of the Universe is in your Own Mind”
- We have installed E-Gate facility in the Library from the Academic year
- Library is equipped with modern photo copier machine.
- We have a well equipped library with books on all fields.
- No of Books- 4256
- Journals and Magazines -17
Facilities available in Library:
- Seating Capacity – 50
“My two favorite things in life are libraries and bicycles. They both move people forward without wasting anything”